- Regular Program
S1 Pengantar Bahasa Inggris
S2 Pengantar Bahasa Inggris
S1 dan S2 Pengantar Bahasa Mandarin
- School of Chinese literature 中文院
- School of foreign languages 外语学院
- School of economic management经济管理学院
- School of fine arts 美术学院
- School of music 音乐学院
- School of education 教育学院
- School of physical education 体育学院
- School of law 法学院
- Henry fork school of life science 英东生命科学学院
- School of computer science 计算机科学学院
- School of politics & public affairs management 政治与公共事务管理学院
- School of tourism & geography tourism management 旅游与地理学院
- Henry fork school of food science and engineering 英东食品科学与工程学院
- Henry fork school of agricultural science and engineering 英东农业科学与工程学院
- School of physical & electrical engineering 物理与机电工程学院
- School of chemical & environmental engineering 化学与环境工程学院
- School of mathematics & information science 数学与信息科学学院
- Medical college 医学院
- Shaozhou teacher’s college 韶师分院
MOTTO：立志 崇德 勤学 创新
Shaoguan University is a state-run comprehensive institution, locating in Shaoguan city Guangdong Province. Shaoguan city is in the northern part of Guangdong, which is the gateway to northern China. Shaoguan is a modern city with convenient transport facilities, and it is the Excellent Tourism City in China. It is also known for the famous historical and cultural heritage. With unique natural landscape—geological park Danxia Mountain which is famous throughout the world, National Forest Park Nanling Forest Park whose environment is quiet and beautiful, Nanhua Temple which is the key temple in China and the birthplace of Chan Sect—a genre of Buddhism, the climate here is mild and pleasant all the year long.
Shaoguan University background
Shaoguan University was found in year 1958. It is the only comprehensive university in north Guangdong Province. Shaoguan University is one of the Top 100 University in arts majors in China. The campus covers 1.67 million square meters, with elegant environment and convenient living facilities. There are over 16,000 full-time students and more than 10,000 students in adult education. It has established inter-school friendly ties and cooperation relationship with nearly 20 universities in Japan, Korea, the United Kingdom, Australia, Russia and Ukraine etc. Shaoguan University offers Full-Tuition-Scholarship Half-Tuition-Scholarship to international students every year.
The university owns a faculty of 1500 persons. In recent years, teachers have been chairing 39 national scientific research projects; 31 of them are sponsored by national natural science fund and 8 by national social science fund. And another 3 are of “National Spark” project or “973” projects and other national science and technology projects. Over 9000 academic papers have published and more than 30 science and technology awards of all levels have own by the faculty.
Educations for International Students
- 1) Language Student: Duration of schooling, 1-2 year. Schooling Time: March & September.
- 2) Chinese Bachelor: Duration of schooling, 4 year. Schooling Time: March & September.
- 3) General Bachelor: Duration of schooling, 4 year. Schooling Time: September.
- 4) Short-term Language Course: Length of schooling, 1-3 month. Students are free to take the course at any time. The school will start the class if there are 2 students or more. The course will put priority on training of listening and speaking skills in Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese), making the student familiar with Chinese culture.
Shaoguan University has set up Chinese Language Teaching Center which is in charge of teaching international students Chinese language. International students’ classrooms are equipped with multi-media facilities. There are air-conditioner, television, telephone, internet, microwave oven and washing machine etc. in international students’ dormitory. Food in school canteen has a variety of tastes, which is safe, delicious and economic for the students. It costs a student about 1 to 3 U.S. dollars for meals per day in school canteen. Shaoguan University is well equipped with hospital, bank, super markets and other living supporting facilities, providing a comfortable and convenient environment for all the students.